Sports Development and Support Fund
The Association established the ‘Athletes Training Fund’ to support athletes in purchasing sports equipment, transportation and meals, as to raise their quality of training. In order to expand the funding scope and cover more beneficiaries, and more effectively utilize the ‘Paralympic Games Reserve’, the Association merged the ‘Athletes Training Reserve’ and ‘Paralympic Games Reserve’ to form the ‘Sports Development and Support Fund’, hereinafter referred to as ‘the Fund’, in April 2021.
The Fund on top of supporting current athletes in purchasing sports equipment, transportation and meals, will expand to include current and former staff members and retired athletes. The scope of funding will also cover participation in workshops, seminars and conferences related to Para sports and provide subsidies for medical examination expenses.
To be eligible for the Fund, the applicant must meet the following conditions:
- The same item can only be submitted at most once a year;
- The maximum subsidy for each application is HKD3,000. The Secretariat can make special consideration to increase the subsidy ceiling in response to the needs of individual applicants.
1.2 Durable Equipment/Goods
- The same item can only be submitted at most once every three years;
- The maximum subsidy for each application is 50% of the value of the equipment/good (the maximum amount is HKD10,000). The Secretariat can make special consideration to increase the subsidy ceiling according to the needs of individual applicants;
- The applicant should bear the repair and maintenance costs of the equipment/goods.
Application and Approval Procedures